Miraculous health benefits of CBD oil for pets
You get a lot of stress when your furry friend at home is sick. It cannot speak, but the symptoms it shows are so expressive that you immediately notice that your pet is not well. Your pet is part of your family and if something goes wrong with its health, you instantly take action.
As you and your pet spend life together, you get to learn how to treat some of the common ailments with simple medicines and natural healing methods. But that self-acquired knowledge doesn’t work in an emergency. When a critical illness occurs suddenly, you have to take your pet to a vet and undergo a serious medication or treatment.
There are many different types of treatment and medicines available for pets today, and CBD is one possible choice that can produce fantastic results in a quick time. It is now a legal health product and is even becoming accepted as a homeopathic medicine for pets.
Let’s learn a little about CBD and its miraculous health benefits for pets.
CBD is the short form of Cannabidiol, which is one of the cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. It was discovered in 1940 as a phytocannabinoid and is now one of 113 identified cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant.
The Hemp plant and Cannabis plants are from the same species. Legally, hemp is defined as a cannabis plant that contains 0.3 percent or less THC, while marijuana is a cannabis plant that contains more than 0.3 percent THC. Both species contain CBD.
When CBD is derived from the Hemp plant, it will have little or no THC(tetrahydrocannabinol). THC is psychoactive in nature and can get your pet high, so CBD-dominant oil derived from Hemp, is an excellent medicine to only provide a calming and soothing effect to your pet.
CBD is an herbal dietary supplement that can be taken orally like a tincture, or applied topically in cream or ointment form, to the problem area.
Your pet, just like any mammal, possess an endocannabinoid system that involves releasing
endocannabinoids from the brain. Endocannabinoid is associated with handling immunity, sleep cycle, memory and other functions in the body. CBD acts as an external source of endocannabinoid for the body and mind, and helps in reducing anxiety, fear, pain, irritation etc.
Benefits of CBD oil for pets
● CBD pet products are used as an effective natural pain-killer. CBD is known to help increase the Anandamide levels in blood by stopping its absorption. Anandamide is a neurotransmitter that acts as a natural pain-killer by stimulating mental wellness and feelings of happiness.
● CBD is anti-inflammatory. It helps produce immune responses, which further helps in reducinginflammation in the body.
● CBD helps relieve anxiety, stress and different kinds of phobias. It helps increase the levels of
serotonin in blood, which controls anxiety and fear in pets.
● CBD can act as an anti-cancer agent for your pet. Most dogs and cats are prone to malignant
tumors, so there is a high possibility for your pet to undergo chemotherapy. As chemotherapy
has many side effects, CBD products, due to its anticancer effects, can be used as an natural alternative to chemotherapy, or in addition to the medical treatment. It is applied topically to reduce the size of the tumor or at least slow its growth to an extent. It can also be taken orally to possibly slow its growth.
● CBD can help control nausea and vomiting.
● CBD is helpful to treat loss of appetite by increasing or enhancing the desire to eat.
● CBD can help reduce seizures in pets by restoring abnormal working of neurons as abnormal
functioning of neurons can often lead to seizures and tremors.
Disclaimer: Although CBD is a popular herbal supplement, it is still not entirely clinically proven.
You should always consult a professional vet in the first place while treating any disorders in your pet.